Jive so far
Posted by Gia Lyons on May 30, 2008
I haven’t even officially started at Jive Software yet, but I’m already part of the family. I haven’t received my laptop yet, but I’ve got VPN access from my home iMac. As a result, I’ve already plopped a load of Gia stuff all over our internal social software environment, called Brewspace. Natch, it runs on Jive Clearspace 2.0.x.
- Many of my new colleagues come from large companies, just like me.
- Many customer experiences are the same. This would be true, no matter what software vendor you work for.
- There are a lot of “doers” at Jive. There are many discussions, and people seem to act on them more than I’m used to.
- These people know how to have fun, OMG. Makes me wish I was relocating to Portland.
- There is positive communal pressure from within to get social software right, from all angles – development capabilities, administration, performance/scalability, user experience, user adoption. Each area gets some love.
- Jivers will call “bullshit” when necessary. I expect when that happens, things actually change. Luxury of a growing company.
This entry was posted on May 30, 2008 at 12:56 pm and is filed under Social Software. Tagged: jive experience work. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.